Monday, April 27, 2009

My Twilight thoughts of the day

I love Summit. I think the fact that they choose their actors based on the book and not the budget, is what it's all about. They don't have to cast Vanessa Hudgens for people to watch. Actually I'm willing to bet that casting her would probably upset some of the fans. Twilight and New Moon have become about letting the book come through. I can't wait to see what Chris has done with New Moon.

If you know me, you know that I went through a very hard time in November with the loss of my grandmother. You also know that I credit Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight Saga with getting me through it. Twilight became an escape for me; I got to be in a world where I didn't have to be me. For that I was grateful and became a huge fan. However my fandom stops with the books, movies, and occasional website surfing. To me it's one thing to enjoy something, it's an entire other to live that something. I was on the internet today and came across a couple sites where Twilight is as real as you and I. The characters have conversations and eat dinner together. While I was grateful to get away to that world during a hard time, I knew what reality was and how to come back to it. So is this just fan fiction at it's best, or are these people so obessed with the lives of vampires that they truly live it?

No comments:

Post a Comment